One of the great things about playing music is that one can do it from from age 2 to 92 as the Xmas song says. I recently attended a presentation at Cosmo Music that featured the Tower of Power horn section. This legendary band began 43 years ago complete with the 5-piece horn section. Most top studio musicians have been influenced and played the Tower of Power songs over the many years.
Imagine yourself playing the horn of your choice 43 years from now and the experiences you would have had, playing with the world’s finest musicians, recording CD’s, LP’s? MP3’s ? And at every venue there are multiple generations of families knowing all the lyrics to your songs and the trumpet or sax players in the audience knowing every line because they play in a cover band of you. Then you must be the musician’s musician.
There are numerous autobiographical books about musicians like Keith Richards, Sammy Hagar and Glenn Gould. Whether it is classical or rock n roll or soul rhythm and blues there will always be legendary live musicians. May we all support their live shows and buy their music recordings. If you are reading this you realize how much great arts activity goes on in York Region and if you want more, clear a space in your home, invite a few musicians plus an audience of your friends and host your own House Concert. And if you do not know musicians, ask me, for their are many great ones who are your neighbours.
Top Posts & Pages
- Today is #MuseumSelfieDay! Perfect opportunity to get out and explore the amazing cultural assets we have in… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 20 hours ago
- RT @ExperienceKING1: What a glorious bird!! Order your farm fresh, naturally grown turkey from Round The Bend Farm! Corn, grain, & soybean… 3 weeks ago
- Skate over to the Markham Civic Centre Rink, now open! @cityofmarkham #OutdoorIceSkating #ThingsToDo #YorkRegion… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago
- RT @YorkRegion: Go out for a hike and breathe the fresh, crisp, and cool winter air. yorkregion.com/whatson-story/… 1 month ago
- RT @TownofNewmarket: Winter just got cooler with Frozen Friday's #Newmarket Riverwalk Commons, Dec 1-Jan 5 skating, DJ, train rides, theme… 1 month ago
Tagged24HourFilmChallenge Advertising AlexBroughton ArethaFranklin art artists artsexposed Aurora AuroraChristmasDream Aurora Festival of the Arts AuroraJazzFestival Aurora Jazz Festival BlackHistoryMonth Black History Month CivicHoliday creativity Danforth decorativeart ernestinetahedl Facebook FamilyDay FolkMusic folk music fundraising Georgina gothamglassworks GraphicDesign greglocke Herbert Pryke Heritage HistoryofArt HouseConcerts IceFishing Internet JamesBrown Jennifer Curtis KiteSurfing LakeSimcoe Lesley Ann Marcovich Logos lyrics MarieLynnHammond marketing MarkhamArtsCouncil MarkhamTeenArtsCouncil MiaHerrera MoonPoint music MythicProductions OntarioVipassanaCentre parenting Richmond Hill Safehaven Sharon Temple SharonTemple SherStKitts songwriting Stringband teaching TheBiographyWorkbook ThisisnotaReadingSeries Twitter valeriekent Visual Arts WhiteboardStudio Winterfolk Writing yorkregion york region York Region Arts Council YorkRegionArtsCouncil YorkRegionMusic YorkRegionMusicians YorkRegionShopping yorkscene